Fellowship Congregational UCC was started in 1950 as a split from Second Presbyterian Church here in Tulsa. Led by several pastors since our inception, including a 30+ year tenure of the Rev. Russell Bennett, Fellowship carries on the traditions of Christian expression shaped by the charge from the prophet Micah —
“Seek justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with our God.” (Micah 6:8)
Fellowship remains dedicated to our presence in the community — a social justice-oriented, “open and affirming,” progressive faith community in the heart of the Bible Belt, one of the “homes” of evangelical fundamentalism. Often a place of healing for those wounded by their faith upbringing, we seek to be a sanctuary, expressing God’s Love for all of us — every. single. other.
We continue to seek ways to reform our faith, taking seriously the call as an “open and affirming” church to always look for who is not included, to draw our circle wider, and to let such work shift and transform our own theology.
Our mission today is expressed by our mission statement —
“Growing in Spirit, Working for Justice.”